+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Millwall !

Old School Member

Cool Millwall !

For any football fan at any level the chances are if you've ever been to a football game you've been a witness to or participated in what the media and the police call "Mindless thuggery" - basically Hooliganism.

We can argue all day about whether its right or wrong I cant be arsed with wasting time doing that now though.

As i'm sure everyone knows there are plenty of hooligan sites on the WWW but discussion is never civilised and 99% threads like "who has the best firm?" are the only ones you'll ever see. These sites members are 50% kids who like to think their big talking about trouble making (AKA wannabes) and 50% geeza's who stand in the background when ever theres football related trouble and then post on the internet how they got involved and beat up 24 police officers single handedly etc etc etc. A complete waste of time visiting these sites.
    As I said its just people giving their opinion on whos got the best firm in the UK and Eurpoe etc etc when the answer is simple. There is no 'best' firm - it really depends on how big a mob a certain football club has on the day. For sake of arguement - 200 Chelsea fans would have no problem in battering 50 West ham lads when the odds are 4 to 1. But if odds are changed over then 200 West Ham would quite easily batter 50 Chelsea..... so there isnt a best firm as such, but I suppose you can be called good if you can very often turn out home and away with a large mob.

Unfotunately for Cardiff Citys lads at the moment 84 pictures have been thrown across the local paper (The South Wales Echo only this week as well as the Welsh Mrror) wanting people to name anyone they recognise after last seasons Cardiff/Stoke game when fighting broke out. There are many reasons being speculated about why the police have done it as the papers are calling it the largest football hooligan investigation (Operation Javelin) in the history of the game here in the UK! I think personally their reason is because next month the Worthington cup final comes to Cardiff and then in May - the play offs and the FA cup final. I believe the police want Cardiffs hooligan element out of the way for these dates although the way they've gone about it is totally wrong to say the least.

Anyhows to avoid drifting off here I'll get back to my original reason for posting this thread and was going to ask any of the lads (seagull, riffy, snake etc) what stories they have about incidents with Millwall supporters in years gone by.

I was at the much talked about Cardiff Millwall game last season. I've also been to the New Den. Credit to Millwall even that day they came up to Ninian Park and were needless to say a minority as they were the travelling team they didnt fail to impress.

Rock N Roll Star
    Well last season we had a trip to london to watch the blades an we decided to go to Fulham and well at the end of the game we got talkin to a stuard an he was tellin us that our firm (BBC) had come down for the game an millwall got word of this an decied to stop off at fulham before there home game an the 2 firms met in a park an all hell broke loose mass brwalin an the stuard sed that a few were in hospidle an coppers had to chase people off/arrest them. But thats all on the word of the Stuard i dont think hed really bullshit

Old School Member
    Hehe how did I know you'd be the one to reply to the thread Snake

From my experiences with Millwall (Bushwackers) I gotta give em praise - ****ing nutters !

Rock N Roll Star
    LOL

yeah im da only goon that'll reply.....

Welsh Cockney
    This is what a fellow Swansea Fan wrote the other day (talking about the SwansVMillwall game on 11/02/01):

About 200 Millwall came down on Friday. It went off inside and out of Icons nightclub. Stand off outside between us, them, and the O.B.
    Sunday morning Wall showed up at the docks with 400 as arranged.
    We both stood our ground, but they had too many in the end and ran us Toosey( Swans no1) and all.
    Before the game there were a few clashes but the O.B. did a really good job for once.
    Wall brought down 1,000+ with a firm of 800+.
    After the game we grouped by tesco but were chased back By O.B., They even had plain cloths O.B. with their battons behind their arms so you couldn't see then.
    Usual cameras etc filming and Plain cloths O.B. with radios and ear pieces.
    Kept wall back for 30 minutes, more O.B. and blue light then when Cardiff come down.
    A few minor clashes between us as they walked back to the station, with wall putting in a couple of shop windows.
    They were well organised and up for it.
    Cant hid if your a cockney in Wales and we hate the English, so they must have some bottle.
    When was the last time the Swans took a firm away for the weekend, just to have a decent off?? Enough said, respect where its due.
    Jack of Swans.
    <FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by LondonJack on 20 February 2001 at 14:34</font>

Old School Member
    LOL @ The Jacks !

That didnt hapen and you know it ! you ran away again as usual didnt you !

Welsh Cockney
    **** off that dint happen!!

It DID happen!
    Born a Jack! - Die a Jack!

Well, regarding Millwall... I was at THAT game. Y know the one, that full scale battle, easily the most vicious one for at least 10 years in football stadia. It was Man City VS Millwall.

I was at the North stand at the time, about 14 seats from the edge of the segretation. When all the Millwall came steaming at us. I think they attacked the top area first. But it was really scary, these 20/30/40 yr old geezers all trying to hammer us all. Thank god the police got a grip on it.

Outside the ground me and my mate were in the queue for the chippy when all the Millwall were releasesd. There was a massive mob of city who started stoning the Millwall, who did the same.

Me and my mate were in the chippy at the time, and when the Millwall came past about 5 of them smashed the front window in before being caught by the police.

Some of the Millwall went to Rushome curry mile where it kicked off again, by that time I was at home having my tea about 4 miles away

If Millwall go up next season and City go down, the trouble will be twice as worse, I would think.

I remember when my dad told me, in his Everton going days when a mob of Everton went to Millwall and went in the home end. They got hammered. Just goes to show that Millwall are the best mob, and have been for the last 50 years.
    I am, I am not really here.
    Just like the fans of the invisable man.

Welsh Cockney
    Yeh Millwall do have a good firm
    Born a Jack! - Die a Jack!

Old Sk00l OwNz
    y millwall of all places? :

Old School Member
    South East London Pood mate! Peckham, Bermondsey, etc. Not a very nice place! Millwall built a reputation since the 70's and as I said earlier in the thread, always play up where ever they go!
    Remind me again, how many FA Cup Finals have Swansea played in?

FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW

Rock N Roll Star
    Stoke Vs Blades 3 year back was mental!!The blades were top of the table an had massive away support(yup we USEDto take thousands everywhere!!)an it were pay on the day an stoke expexcted 2thou but 3though turned up so 1thou had to sit in home ends when united scored there 2nd to mek it 2-2 all hell broke lose an fightin in bout 2 stands!then after the game fightin all round the ground.

Millwall have a large amount of supports who like to fight most clubs have a small amount.BBC dont mess we them lads cos theyre solid.
    Your born alone ,and you'll die alone.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information